Date:      Thu, 29 Feb 96 22:29:05 -0600
From:      Mike Eggleston <mikee@sys8.wfc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   virtual consoles lock up?

I'm running freebsd 2.1 on a p133 with an adaptec 2940 and a bitsurfer
pro comming off a 16650 uart and as I move from one console to
another, <Alt-F1> to <Alt-F2>, it locks the entire virtual console and
I can't get in.  The only way I can salvage my system is to log into
it through the bitsurfer and do a reboot.

The time it happened tonight I had just switched off a virtual console
that was running emacs that was loading gnus.

Any ideas?

Mike