Date:      Tue, 6 Dec 2005 16:42:40 +0000
From:      Martin Tournoy <carpetsmoker@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DualBoot

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: spen <renas13@yahoo.com>
Date: 06-Dec-2005 16:16
To: Martin Tournoy <carpetsmoker@gmail.com>

Whatever works for you, the downside of this is that the config file
 is saved on the filesystem, not the MBR, so if you do the right thing
 and remove windows from your PC then you'll have to get another
 bootmanager anyway....

 hadn't thought of that, that's a drawback.. but only in case you
remove windows and install some other os, am I right?
 I had trouble with the dual boot OS before editing the windows boot.ini
 I have 2 partitions on my laptop --on the first i've installed fbsd
WITH the bootMNG (grub) and on the second partition i post-installed
winXP. winXP overwrote the mbr and grub did not work.  So when the
machine booted only winXP started and I had no option to log to my
fbsd..that's why i edited the boot.ini
 To use grub now should I edit the conf file of grub?
 thank you for the suggestion

--spen--

 Yahoo! Personals