Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:17:13 -0400
From:      "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   the art of pkgdb -F

--RVlUGXxwBj5SDcM9

I'm looking at

http://www.freebsddiary.org/pkgdb.php

while I run it myself. I'm finding wonderful questions like

Stale dependency: p5-Authen-SASL-2.09 -> p5-GSSAPI-0.24 (security/p5-GSSAPI=
):
p5-Geography-Countries-1.4 (score:26%) ? ([y]es/[n]o/[a]ll) [no]=20

I must ask. How the hell am I supposed to know?? I build that as a dependen=
cy
of something that I built months ago. There's a good chance that I'll be
simply guessing at all of the answers.=20

Is it really useful to run this if you can't remember? And why am I
remembering anyway? That's what a packaging system is for, isn't it?

Mike
--=20
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca>
direction." --Albert Einstein