Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 2003 00:08:48 +0200
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
To:        sos@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ata-lowlevel.c ate my slave disc

--=-n7+MHwXnvSqrFEo6JvxS

Hi, I want to report a regression in ATAng. It's exactly same problem
that Richard Nyberg reported on current@ 9 days ago.

After updating to today -current, my system no longer see primary slave
hard drive. It's one year old Seagate 80 GB hard drive.

If I revert a 1.10 revision of ata-lowlevel.c (#ifdef 0 a section of
probing code), the disc is back and works absolutely fine.

Full verbose boots are available at http://hood.oook.cz/techno/
one with old kernel (14th Sep), one with new kernel (25th Sep), and one
with new kernel with reverted 1.10 revision.

I hope this will help you fixing it.

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
What do we know about love? Love is like a pear. Pear is sweet and have
a specific shape. Try to exactly define the shape of a pear.
  -- Marigold: 50 Years Of Poetry

--=-n7+MHwXnvSqrFEo6JvxS
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?iso-8859-2?Q?_=E8=E1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-n7+MHwXnvSqrFEo6JvxS--