Date:      Mon, 1 Jan 2001 15:01:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        lanehol@bellsouth.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB Modem

	I think unfortunately that when a device shows up as ugen that
means that the driver for it is not fully implemented yet.  I noted this
before and no one corrected or clarified it.  ugen does not even have a
manpage while things like umass do.  Sorry.  See if you can get your adsl
provider to give you an adsl modem that commects to an ethernet NIC.  That
would be easier to set up.  Or needle them to provide the detailed
hardware specifications of the USB adsl modem to the FreeBSD project so
someone can write good drivers for it.

							Tim