Date:      Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:48:48 +0100
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net>
To:        Vitaliy Skakun <vit.ska@gmail.com>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Cc:        amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SEGV on jdk 1.5.0 @ amd64

--On tisdag, december 20, 2005 16.29.29 +0200 Vitaliy Skakun
<vit.ska@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> 2005/12/20, Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net>:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have experienced two crashes pof the in the last 24 hours. This is on
>> freebsd-6.0-release @ amd64 with latest jdk-1.5.0p2_2
>>
>> [skipped]
>
> Just my 2 cents:
>
> I tried running Jboss 4.0.3SP1 with the following
> - platform EM64T
> - RELENG_6 of ~ 2 weeks ago dating, amd64
> - JDK 1.5.0p2_2
>
> and noticed that it works slow, even visually. Then I switched to i386 on
> the same hardware and noticed that JBoss starts ~2 times faster, visually
> works also faster. BTW buildworld works ~1.35 times faster.(Sorry, I do
> not have benchmark results now.)
>
> My conclusion was - still to use FreeBSD.i386 on EM64T hardware for JBoss
> server.

Umm, OK. :(   We do use EM64T hardware, it is a Dell 2850. With i386, I
only get approx 2GB out of the four installed - that's why I tried
installing amd64.

We use just tomcat, not the entire jboss, but it does seem to be rather
slow, indeed.

Does anyone else have experience with this?

/Palle