Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2001 20:42:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      <joeo@cracktown.com>
To:        Rob B <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /proc/pci equivalent?

"scanpci" is part of XFree86, if that's installed its there.

"pciconf" is part of the base distribution, but doesn't decode the vendor
ID's.

What kind of sound device?

If you know what it is, and don't have the sound stuff compiled in to your
kernel see if you can "kldload" the right module.

"kldload snd_pcm" this is the base module, it needs to be loaded
"kldload es137x"  for a soundblaster PCI

look through the /modules directory for the various "snd_" modules.