Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 2013 09:27:45 +0200
From:      Thomas Zander <thomas.e.zander@googlemail.com>
To:        "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD mplayer port update?

On 8 October 2013 02:10, Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg@tristatelogic.com> wrote:

> Could someone (anyone) explain to me why the FreeBSD port of mplayer
> has not been updated at all since March 8th of this year?

Yes.
That is because I am preparing roughly 2 major updates per year,
preferably shortly after a FreeBSD release. The other changes to the
port are to maintain compatibility and fix whatever problems users may
have.

To pre-empt the inevitable question: Yes, there will be a new version
before the end of October.
Do you miss a specific feature in the current port or why do you press
for an update?

Best regards
Riggs