Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 2015 23:11:11 +0100
From:      Andrea Brancatelli <abrancatelli@schema31.it>
To:        Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: bhyve stuck

Hello Peter.

The host is a FreeBSD 10.1-p3.

I tried to restart the VM, but it hung after bhyveload.

I had to reboot the physical host and what's worst is that the MySQL instanc=
e inside of the VM was trashed. Luckily I has backups.

Sent from my iPad

> On 07/gen/2015, at 18:45, Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> Hi Andrea,
>=20
>> Assertion failed: (aior !=3D NULL), function ahci_handle_dma, file
>> /usr/src/usr.sbin/bhyve/pci_ahci.c, line 494.
>=20
> Ok - this should result in the bhyve process exiting.
>=20
>> Now the VM is totally hang. Trying to kill bhyve doesn=E2=80=99t work, no=
>> even kill -9. I tries do to do a bhyvectl =E2=80=94destroy and the VM
>> disappeared from /dev/vmm but I am strongly uncomfortable with what
>> to do now. The process is still there. Can I restart the VM?
>=20
> It should be fine to restart after a bhyvectl --destroy
>=20
>> This is the state of the process:
> > 91715 100246 bhyve blk-2:0 7 121 stop getblk
>=20
> This seems to be the culprit. What's the version of FreeBSD running on the=
 host ?
>=20
> tychon@ did quite a bit of work recently on making the block layer more ro=
bust in the face of guest controller timeouts. This made it in to CURRENT as=
 of r274330, and was MFCd to 10-STABLE with r276429. That change may help wi=
th your issue.