Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2011 22:50:42 +0100
From:      Jilles Tjoelker <jilles@stack.nl>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        marcel@FreeBSD.org, Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com>, ia64@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [head tinderbox] failure on ia64/ia64

On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 09:18:44AM +0100, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> Still, I'm more concerned with CMSG_NXTHDR() macro, which from what I
> see might not be fixed by casting arguments.

Yes, without various checks it expands to
  (struct cmsghdr *)((char *)(cmsg) + \
  _ALIGN(((struct cmsghdr *)(cmsg))->cmsg_len))

Although there is no alignment problem (assuming cmsg is properly
aligned and _ALIGN is correct), this violates -Wcast-align. Therefore I
think an intermediate cast to void * would be appropriate here.

--
Jilles Tjoelker