Date:      Thu, 03 Sep 2009 11:09:21 +0200
From:      Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?4LmE4Lie4Lij4Lix4LiKIOC4qOC4o+C4teC5guC4ouC4mOC4sg==?= <pirat@tint.or.th>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sgml source file for handbook

ไพรัช ศรีโยธา escribió:
> hi sirs,
>
> i have found this one from where it is kept when i do cvsup -g -L 2
> doc-supfile.
> it is /usr/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install/chapter.sgml.  i
> wonder if it is a sgml source file for handbook for translating or not
>
> i am very sorry for disturbing the list quite often about this and
> apologized me too.
Hi,

yes, this is the source for the installation chapter. Some recommendations:
- Use /usr/share/examples/cvsup/doc-supfile as a starting point. Change
the host to a mirror that is fast for you. Change the prefix to a path
that is convenient you. Leave the doc-all distribution. In this way, you
will get all the documentation, including common files and existing
translations. If you have doubts, you can always check how existing
translations handle that case.
- Use csup. It is faster.
- Always leave a comment in source files noting, which is the English
revision your translation is based on. SGML comments look like this:
<!-- Original revision: 1.25 -->
- You can check how it is noted in the Greek or Hungarian translations
and later on, you will be able to use our script to maintain the
documentation up-to-date.

Regards,

--
Gabor Kovesdan