Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2002 19:07:30 -0500
From:      Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
Cc:        hetzels@westbend.net, jeh@FreeBSD.ORG, joseph@randomnetworks.com, lioux@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, nbm@mithrandr.moria.org, Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
Subject:   Re:  Multiple packages from one port

On Thursday 03 January 2002 18:41, Pete Fritchman wrote:

> besides adding more ports.  Since you don't seem to want to help out on
> making this multi-package-from-one-port stuff happening, can you just

Pete, on my queue for this weekend is looking at the OpenBSD MULTI_PACKAGE
stuff. Also the FAKE stuff, since make package-no-installed *is* stuffed in a
number of cases[1]. [Will, I know you don't like the fake stuff, but can you
give me a good reason why being able to build a package without touching the
installed files on a system is not a desirable goal?]

If make DESTDIR=/foo install package behaved according to POLA, this problem
wouldn't exist. It shouldn't make the package including DESTDIR in the tarball
paths. Bleah!!!

Hey, they took ports from us, so there's no reason why we can't steal ideas
back from them. It's BSD license, after all. :)

--
Alan Eldridge
Pmmfmffmmfmp mmmpppppffmpmfpmpppff $PffMmmPppMpmPpfPpm mfpmmmmmfpmpmpppff.