Date:      Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:38:03 +0900
From:      "Akinori MUSHA" <knu@iDaemons.org>
To:        asami@clickarray.com (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, re@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Ports Freeze imminent

At Wed, 12 Sep 2001 22:31:02 -0700 (PDT),
Satoshi Asami wrote:
> Sorry for the late notice.  I need to do a ports freeze and package
> build immediately for 4.4R.  Please let me know at this address if you
> have problems.

Immediately!?  We _have_ problems.  gettext-devel's msgfmt-new is
failing around somehow, although nothing seems to be changed in a
couple of days.

For example, xchat, windowmaker and bonobo had built fine in the
previous build but in the latest build they failed, and bonobo's build
failure affected 177 dependent ports!

We'd better carefully consider if we really should do a rebuild of
packages.

--
                     /
                    /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"Freeze this moment a little bit longer, make each impression
  a little bit stronger..  Experience slips away -- Time stand still"