Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 2010 09:07:34 -0200
From:      Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br@gmail.com>
To:        Maciej Milewski <milu@dat.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: First RSPRO deployed !

On Nov 18, 2010, at 8:36 AM, Maciej Milewski wrote:

>>> Do you have proper name of this fw image? I've read somewhere that =
it's
>>> required.
>>> My working name is RSPRO.ar7100pro.FreeBSD.Test and you can change =
the
>>> last two words for sure.
>>=20
>> You mean the name of the file that mkfwimage generates?
>> I just called it something like firmware-image...
>>=20
>> I changed the name, but still got:
>> TFTPD: Incoming connection from 192.168.1.102:25789
>> Invalid image format (error: -2)
> Actually not the filename but if you run mkfwimage with parameters =
then you=20
> have the version string which in my case is as above.
>=20
> For building image I run:
> mkfwimage -v RSPRO.ar7100pro.FreeBSD.Test -B RSPRO -o image.bin -k =
kernel.gz\
> -r rootfs
>=20

Yes, that is correct, i've used the following two version strings with =
success:

RS.ar7100.FreeBSD - for routerstation

RSPRO.ar7100pro.FreeBSD - for rspro

Just pick the correct one for your board.

I've my scripts here (together with mkfwimage files): =
/loos.no-ip.org:280/rspro/rs-mkfwimage.tar.gz

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Luiz