Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 06:54:59 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Forrest W. Christian" <forrestc@imach.com>
To:        Nevermind <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
Cc:        John Von Essen <john@essenz.com>, <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: i810 hangs without panic

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Nevermind wrote:

> > Does it recover after the hang or do you have to reboot it?
> It just hangs, stops responding anything.
> >
> > If so, could you post a copy of " netstat -m " ran after the next hang?
> I cannot, machine is on remote colocation.
> maxusers is 1024 in kernel, if it is matter.

The reason I was asking is that the symptom of running out of mbuf
clusters is typically a hang which recovers after a while (after the mbufs
time out/clear out).

Increasing mbufs usually fixes it.  And it's pretty obvious when you look
at netstat -m after the hang.

What is the output of netstat -m right now?

- Forrest W. Christian (forrestc@imach.com) AC7DE