Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 16:58:51 PDT
From:      "Jane Frodo" <jfrodo42@hotmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Core dumps on signal 10 (SIGBUS?)

Hi all you great FreeBSD guys!

     I have a user who gets a core dump every two hours or so (the
application runs around the clock).  The message in the messages
file is:
Sep 21 09:06:47 smaug /kernel: pid 22786 (smaug), uid 1321: exited on
signal 10 (core dumped)

Of course, every once in a great while it will get bored with signal 10,
and die on signal 11 (segfault).  I'm not particularly worried about
the segfault, and I doubt that the segfaults are related,so I just
need to know what on earth can cause a signal 10? And am I
correct that signal 10 is "SIGBUS" (I looked in
/usr/include/sys/signal.h for this definition)?

Thank you all again, especially for all of the great help you have
given me over the last few days!!!!   I love all of you to death!

Jane :)