Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:40:56 -0500
From:      "Corey G." <ctgaff@home.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.4-Release: A Winner!

I am not sure that it's appropriate to hand out accolades on this list
but since I am in a similar field and more than often get email that is
based on resounding negativity from bugs, problems, etc.  I just wanted
to say that release 4.4 went perfectly as a source upgrade from 4.3 on
three different machines.  I did not have one single problem.  Quite
often, if I do have a problem, it's my fault for not paying attention to
detail or reading the latest documents.  This probably holds true for
many other people as well.

In regards to the comment below about "finally" releasing a quality
release, I would have to argue that it's far from being the first time.
However, you probably did not mean it so literally.

-CG

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 12:45:55PM +0100, j mckitrick wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 07:33:36AM -0400, Kenneth Mays wrote:
> | Hi,
> |
> | Ok, I know I was griping over little nuisances dealing with workstation
> | setup issue but I am highly impressed by the release of FreeBSD 4.4. Since I
>
> Great! I'm going to order it and install it after the fall semester is over.
> Maybe sooner, if i'm feeling adventurous.  ;-)
>
> | bought v4.2 with 10 CDs (6 CDs are the FreeBSD toolkit), I really like the
> | having the Package CDs available online too. Besides the toolkit, I can
> | upgrade my main "4" CDs online which is a VERY good idea.
>
> Could you explain what you mean here?  Do you mean you DL the distro iso
> images and make new installation CDs?
>
> | As for the packages and tools that didn't make it into the release, I can
> | always download them from the net. As for the Install CD, I've loaded it on
> | my laptop and soon the Dell servers.
> |
> | Thanks for finally handing out a quality release with extra packages.
>
> What do you notice is different between 4.2 and 4.4?
>

> jm
> --
> My other computer is your windows box.

---end quoted text---