Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 95 13:51:27 SAT
From:      hgouws@marge.mikom.csir.co.za (Herman Gouws)
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with Xaw3d

Hi there!

I recently upgraded to version 2.0.5R and while at it, decided to
install Xaw3d.  I used pkg_manage to install the package and then
renamed the libXaw* files to libXaw2d*.  I then symlinked libXaw* to
libXaw3d* so that the 3D look would be available to all programs.  It
worked liked a charm, except for one thing: if you use the scrollbar
widget on any app (I tried xarchie, xterm and color_xterm) it
_completely_ hangs the system after about the third or fourth drag of
the thumb.  I can't even ping the system from somewhere else.

Has anybody seen this problem before?  Is there a solution available?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Herman Gouws