Date:      Thu, 06 May 2010 19:47:51 +0200
From:      Anselm Strauss <amsibamsi@gmail.com>
To:        Johan van Selst <johans@stack.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Help-smalltalk] gst-browser on FreeBSD

On 05/06/10 07:54, Johan van Selst wrote:
> Anselm Strauss wrote:
>> I didn't find any GTK packages coming with the installation, maybe the
>> port for FreeBSD is incomplete ...?
>
> Yes, the FreeBSD port installs smalltalk without GTK support (because
> the combination was broken). This has been the default setup for over 6
> years now. I'm not sure how bad it is these days. If you want to test it
> with GTK support, then add "gtk20" to the USE_GNOME line and remove the
> "--disable-gtk" line in the port's Makefile, before compiling and
> installing again. Please let me know if this works for you and what
> system you use (FreeBSD version and architecture).
>

> Best regards,
> Johan van Selst

It compiles and installs on FreeBSD 8.0-p2 on amd64. But it segfaults on
start:

-> gst-browser
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling class: GTK.GtkRequisition class
Recompiling selector: #sizeof
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling class: GTK.GdkEventButton class
Recompiling selector: #sizeof
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling class: GTK.GdkEventMotion class
Recompiling selector: #sizeof
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling class: GTK.GdkEventConfigure class
Recompiling selector: #sizeof
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling class: GTK.GdkEventKey class
Recompiling selector: #sizeof
Segmentation fault: 11
->

Think I will have to look deeper into it ...

Thanks,
Anselm