Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 2009 07:06:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      new_guy <byte8bits@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   geli on exisitng laptop

Hi guys,

I'd like to use geli to whole disk encrypt a FreeBSD 7.1 laptop I already
have setup. The laptop is up and working fine and I don't want to screw it
up. It have the default partition layout. I've already used geli to encrypt
the swap partition.

The default partitioning at install creates / /tmp /usr and /var. I thought
I would start with /tmp as I should be able to fix that if I mess up.

Some questions...

1. Will each partition have to be mounted with a password?
2. What's the most straight-forward way to go about this without screwing
up?

I already have the eli module loaded in the /boot/loader.conf so I won't
need to re-compile, etc.

Thanks