Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 1995 10:19:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCI ethernet card recommendations?

I find myself in sudden and unexpected need of a PCI-based ethernet card.
Unfortunately, the handbook is less than clear regarding precisely what
cards work best, particularly with PCI.  I'm aware of the DEC DC21040,
but it's not easily available locally.

ISA is right out, since my motherboard doesn't let me use the one empty
ISA slot and the PCI slot it's next to (full, since I have a long video
card there that won't fit anywhere else) at the same time.  Sigh.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, the more varied the better.
Sources would be nice as well.  Thanks in advance.
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com