Date:      Sun, 31 Dec 2000 13:13:48 -0500
From:      "Benoit Dansereau" <benoit_dansereau@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Newbies - First time install over ftp in a LAN

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I've just downloaded the iso file of version 4.2.&nbsp; I've uncompressed the file with WinImage and made the directory available on my ftp server in my lan.&nbsp; I've created both diskette, kern.flp and mfsroot.flp.&nbsp; My machine is a PIII 550 Inter with a Asus mainboard.&nbsp; The two nic's are HP's chipset 82557.&nbsp; I would like to install it through ftp but the nic doesn't seems to be detected since the only choice are parrallel or over a serial link.&nbsp; I am use to do it with RedHat Linux.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Do you have any hint ?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks in advance,</DIV>