Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:20:15 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        nate@yogotech.com, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Turning on debugging in GENERIC

> > What does this have to do with you not having the resources to dedicate
> > to CVSup or build -current?  Are you going off changing the question, so
> > you can be 'right' again?
>
> No.  I ignored the majority of your post because it was wrong,

No more than you complaining about how hard it is for you to help
because of trumped up complaints.

> As a single point rebuttal, my home connection has been and
> remains ~28k

That's more than adequate for the task.  I ran with a 28.8K link until
recently, and at times I'm using a 33.6K connection for syncing the CVS
tree.  (I got a new modem when lightning blew out my 28.8K USR.)

>, and my premise was predicated on both the fact
> that I have insufficient disk space on my scratch machines
> for a full tree

You don't need a full tree to test, especially if you're a clueful user.

>, do not _want_ -current bits pulled into my
> main tree

Then quit yer bitchin about current.  If you aren't willing to test the
bits, then you've got *NOTHING* to complain about.

>, and can afford neither the bandwidth nor the CPU
> cycles for what is frequently an iterative process of cvsup
> and build world.

You have both (you've probably got better hardware than me), but you
wouldn't admit to them.  I'm still using the *ORIGINAL* FreeBSD
development box (before it was called FreeBSD), a 486/66 with 16MB of
memory.

All I see is someone making up excuses to to anything.....

Nate