Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2017 19:34:52 -0800
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@BSDforge.com>
To:        "Cy Schubert" <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, "RW" <rwmaillists@googlemail.com>
Subject:   Re: The future of fortune(6)

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 09:11:43 -0800 "Cy Schubert" <Cy=2ESchubert@komquats=2Ecom>=
 said

> In message <20171126163259=2E6fb55366@gumby=2Ehomeunix=2Ecom>, RW via=20
> freebsd-hackers
> writes:
> > On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 07:59:52 -0800
> > Cy Schubert wrote:
> >

> > > Lastly=2E I'm not totally against games=2E My 4 and 5 year old grandkids
> > > play games on game tablets=2E However I would never let my grandkids
> > > even see what fortune spits out=2E Much of it was offensive=2E I would
> > > have been ashamed had they seen some of the outputs=2E
> >
> > You have to try quite hard to find them, they aren't given by default,
> > and:
> >
> > $ fortune -o=20
> > No fortunes found
> > in /usr/share/games/fortune:/usr/local/share/games/fortune=2E
>=20
> Let's take an example, when I was ~ 35 years younger than now=2E
>=20
> A buddy of mine had a 3 year old son=2E His son would insert an MS DOS flop=
py=20
> disk and power on his XT clone computer=2E Once booted his 3 year old son=
=20
> removed the floppy and inserted his favourite game, entered the command o=
n=20
> the command line and started playing=2E Kids today are much more capable th=
an=20
> my friend's son was so many years ago=2E
>=20
> We already have a port that can support it=2E Someone could repocopy the po=
rt=20
> to just install fortune=2E
>=20
> It's 2017=2E If Red Hat doesn't support fortune why should we?
OK this is the 2nd time you've said that, and I'm afraid I'm going to have =
respond=2E :)
FreeBSD is *not* Red Hat, nor any other "flavor" of Linux=2E Who cares if som=
other flavor of OS does, or does not "do it"=2E
Sorry=2E I *greatly* appreciate that FreeBSD is /different/ than all the Linu=
flavors, and would dearly hate that it felt that it should feel/be "Linux l=
ike"=2E
Over sensitive? Perhaps=2E But I simply couldn't resist=2E

I'm done now=2E :)

--Chris