Date:      Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:14:14 -0800
From:      Rishi Chopra <rchopra@cal.berkeley.edu>
To:        Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@apropo.ro>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Booting Problem After Power Loss (fsck)?

I do not have the FIX-IT CD or another FreeBSD machine.

Is there another fellow FreeBSD'er in the Bay Area, CA that can
volunteer to help me troubleshoot the card as described below (e.g. plug
in the card and break to debugger to gather info)?  I can drive over to
your place or you can come over to my house (directions on my homepage).

If it helps, my perspective is that meeting up is totally positve and
the only thing left keeping me involved with computing - allow me to
explain:

The server was totally idle when the power was cut, and I didn't make
any changes while the server was down.  I've seen some crazy things
working on computers before (I can show you a list, post one to the
newsgroup, or if you're curious you can try searching the google groups
link on my homepage.)  This would by far have to the most stubborn,
underhanded, mean, nasty and implausable error I've ever come accross.

I could really use some help getting the filesytem up again; my heart
can't take another failure like this, and I'm ready to give up computers
(recreationally and professionally) if I can't get this problem fixed.
I had just finished recovering from a 2 year reconsolidation of life and
data (a 75GXP/Raid-0 failure and data loss occurred while I was studying
at UC Berkeley and triggered a very nasty chain of events culminating in
this problem.)  I can't handle going through another data consolidation;
recovering from a recent thyroid removal and a 12-hour neck
dissection/removal is a full-time affair, and the 30 some-odd staples in
my neck greatly limit my ability to sit at the computer.

Looks like the important thing is for me to make a new friend in the
FreeBSD community and a new start on computing, or bid y'all adieu.

--
Rishi Chopra
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~rchopra