Date:      Sat, 9 Mar 2002 02:40:55 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        MIS <mis@mesaintl.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: opinion check

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 05:13:24PM -0500, MIS wrote:
> Do you think that installing mod_ssl onto an Apache-Tomcat server would be
> unnecessarily duplicating the functionality of JSSE?  Further, would mod_ssl
> be a viable alternative until Java support on BSD systems matures?

While mod_ssl and JSSE are both SSL related, I don't quite see how they are
duplicating functionality.  If you are front ending Tomcat with Apache,
then mod_ssl is your only alternative, as you need the SSL connection
from the client to Apache.  If Tomcat is serving pages directly then only
JSSE is relevant.

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Web   : http://www.eyesbeyond.com