Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 2004 18:49:00 -0800
From:      Thomas Repantis <"trep.againstspammers."@cs.ucr.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: intel 2100 wireless on thinkpads

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 06:33:18PM -0500, David Coder wrote:

> 1.  there appears to be no freebsd driver in any release for the intel wi=
reless
> lan 2100 3b mini pci adapter.

I think it is supported in 5.2 through ndis, somebody else please confirm i=
t.

> 2.  the intel gigabit chip that the t40 appears to work with the em drive=
r (in
> my frustrating experience, anyway) only in 4.8 & 4.9, and then only with =
some
> coaxing, whereas no amount of tweaking seems to help with 5.x.

To be able to use the em0 driver for Intel's GigaBit Ethernet card, put thi=
s=20
parameter in /boot/loader.conf:
hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range=3D"1"

It works for me in 5.1-RELEASE.
For more:  http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~trep/tsrT40freebsd.html

Thomas
--=20
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
                -- Albert Camus

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S--