Date:      Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:34:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joe Schmoe <non_secure@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   aggregating a piece of three network connections into one ...

Hello,

I have three totally distinct network connections at
my office.  We have an ISDN line, a T1, and a DSL
connection.  I do not need to worry about the
particulars of each connection, because I actually
have an ethernet drop for each of them - someone else
does the routing/csu-dsu/etc. - I just get a usable
ethernet drop that supports DHCP (a distinct DHCP
service on each port - they aren't related).

What I would like to do is build a PC with three
network cards in it, connect each card to each of
those three network drops, and use 10% of the total
bandwidth of each connection - somehow turning that
into one single network connection that that PC would
use.

BUT I do not want some kind of round-robin scheme
wherein TCP session X uses the fraction of the ISDN,
and TCP session Y uses the fraction of the T1, etc. -
I want the end result to be one single connection that
behaves just like any other single connection.

Is this possible ?

Is netgraph one2many the correct mechanism to be
looking at ?

Basically I want a connection that, at the end,
presents itself to the system as one single connection
with one single IP, and gives effective bandwidth of
(percentage-ISDN) + (percentage-T1) +
(percentage-DSL).

Thanks.