Date:      Tue, 01 Dec 1998 14:03:41 -0600
From:      Eric Patterson <eric@rdbewss.redstone.army.mil>
To:        "'Victor Granic'" <vmg@novator.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: lockd

Check out http://www.freebsd.org/~terry/

You'll find just the patches you're looking for there.  I assume you're running 2.2.7.  I do not know if these patches work with 2.2, but they work with 3.0

Eric Patterson

Hello,

In /etc/rc.conf the comment after [en,dis]abling lockd says it's
broken.  I had been trying to use it before I noticed the comment
and in fact, it really is broken.  I cannot exclusively lock a
file on an NFS mounted partition from my FreeBSD machines.  Is
this problem fixed in 2.2.8 or 3.0?  Is there an alternative to
using the default lockd?  Could I compile/install another one that
isn't broken?

Thank you,

Victor