Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:47:43 -0600
From:      "Kelly D. Grills" <kdgrills@the-grills.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mail service principles: can I have the second mailbox

--udcq9yAoWb9A4FsZ

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 09:28:55AM +0300, User Elisej wrote:
=20
> Yes, sir, I will provide any information you need.
>=20

I could be a maam, you never can tell ;=3D)

> I want to have two mailboxes with two addresses (for one account)=20
> on my computer. These different mailboxes I mean to use for different sou=
rces=20
> of incoming mail. So I need two real mailboxes, not two aliases=20
> for one mailbox. Then I can give my different address to different sender=
s.
>=20
> Although, I can make all mail going to one address and then filter incomi=
ng
> mail, I think it is a wrong way, because of superfluous action.
>=20

Well, there goes my plan. I'd think an alias along with a procmail recipe
to filter into separate mbox's would be a simple and effective solution.
Not sure what you mean by "superfluous action".

> One mailbox I have since account creation. Its address is account name.
> The sendmail sends a mail to this address to /var/mail/account_name.
> How to make the second mailbox?
>=20
> I have installed FreeBSD 6.0 and Sendmail 8.13.5.
>=20

I run Qmail. Hopefully someone with Sendmail knowledge will chime in
and provide the assistance you need.

--=20
Kelly D. Grills
kdgrills@the-grills.com