Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2000 23:53:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: applixware for linux on fbsd?

nm writes:
 > I have not used FreeBSD on Alpha in a long time so this may
 > sound quite silly.  Has anyone been able to get the linux
 > version of Applixware to work under FreeBSD/Alpha?  If so,
 > is it stable and reliable?  I have an AS200 w/ 128MB, I am
 > wondering if it will perform well on such a system.

It is not silly at all.  Running Linux binaries is being worked on,
but is not there yet.  It will be good to have another useful
application to test.  So far I've only tried em86 (doesn't work) and
the compaq compilers (sorta works).

Can you tell me where to get applixware for alpha?  I just checked
their site & I can only find an x86 demo.  Is there an alpha demo
version?

Thanks,

Drew