Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 2003 06:19:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Michael A. Alestock" <michaela@maa-net.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   LABEL (The FreeBSD Disklabel Editor)

I have an existing FreeBSD v4.7 installation and want to delete a small
filesystem that I had designated for email (/var/mail), and want to freeup
that unused space to the '/usr/home' filesystem.  If I use DISKLABEL to
delete '/var/mail', and then re-write '/usr/home' to reflect the added
space (writing the changes to the SAME '/usr/home' partition), will that
erase the '/usr/home' filesystem and all of its user-data contents
from the disk itself???