Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:15:37 +0300
From:      Samy Al Bahra <samy@kerneled.com>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The new FreeBSD GNOME splash screen looks nice!

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:49:23 -0700
"Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net> wrote:

> > Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 10:33:18 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: Steve Wingate <s.wingate@pobox.com>
> > Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
> >
> > Wow! VERY nice artwork! I've been scrounging for more freebsd
> > wallpaper.
I hope the ones at http://art.kerneled.com/gallery/FreeBSD are enough
to quench some of your thirst. Do mail me if you pick up some nice
additions to the gallery (with appropriate credit and make sure
copyright is dealt with).

> But now I've got to get picky. It would be really nice if the word
> "FreeBSD" could be moved over to the right just a bit. As it stands
> now, the initial cursor position results in an "X" right on top of the
> "F" in FreeBSD. Sort of has negative connotations.
I think this is a good thing (connotations are not negative). It
adds more depth to the daemon and the surrounding environment. I have
uploaded the XCF file for you though, feel free to play with it (do
notify us when you have some positive results :D).

http://art.kerneled.com/freebsd/gnome-splash.xcf

Enjoy.
--
| Samy Al Bahra | samy@kerneled.com |