Date:      Mon, 26 Oct 1998 15:44:10 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        rkw@Dataplex.NET
Cc:        andrew@sour.cream.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CTM Release Generation - (Re: Stable and CTM)

> Actually, they abandoned CTM some years ago because of the lack of
> those resources.  I carried it on for a couple years, and now Mark has
> taken over to chores.
>
> I assure you that the resources required anr NOT insignificant. It eats
> up a lot of disk space, I/O time and CPU time. None of those have come
> from freebsd.org in quite some time.

Actually, I could in all honesty probably even get the computer and
network resources together to do this here at freebsd.org (or one of
our donor-ISP machines), the principal missing element being the
manpower to care for it and keep it running (as jdp and others do for
cvsupd, for example).  Mark and Ulf seemed to have it in hand for
awhile, though now it seems that Mark's back to building them in ZA or
something without Ulf's ISP resources - I honestly have no idea.  What
I do know is that if someone came forward and said "I wish to be CTM
meister - I will make sure it runs and be a point of contact in the
times when it stops doing so if someone will give me the CPU and disk
resources.  CPU and disk resources are cheap(er) now - if a committed
and able volunteer became available, I'm sure something could be
worked out WRT that.

- Jordan