Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:58:48 +0400
From:      "Artem 'Zazoobr' Ignatjev" <timon@memphis.mephi.ru>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Extended partitions

  Hello all.
  I've got some questions related to freebsd bootstrapping process.
  I've got hdd with zoo of different OSes, and partition table looks
  quite weird.... Finally, I've installed fbsd on the last partition and
  bumped into a wall: boot1 can't load it from such a place, since it
  analyzes partition table kept in MBR (hence only first 4 partitions
  can be analyzed)....
  Is there any suggestions on hacking boot1 code to support recursion
  into extended partions? And also, hacking fdisk code (well, I wrote
  small utility which dumps whole partition table to screen, but fdisk.c
  looks rather wierd..?
			Sinceherely yours, Artem 'Zazoobr' Ignatjev.