Date:      Fri, 4 Jun 1999 13:28:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        root <vernon@public.bta.net.cn>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.2-RELEASE Install Problem

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, root wrote:

> When I use the 3.2-RELEASE (and the 3.2-CURRENT/3.2-STABLE) kernel
> floppy to boot my machine, I receive the following messages
>
> /boot.config: -P
> Keyboard: no
> -
> BTX loader 1.0 BTX version is 1.01
>
> While this message is displayed, the disk spins and COM1 is accessed
> (i.e. I have an external modem connected to COM1 and it is taken
> off-hook and the send and receive lights indicate activity).  Both the
> modem floppy disk activity stop, and the  install hangs.

It think you have no keyboard and defaults over to the serial console.  If
you can connect a computer or dumb terminal to the serial port then you
can finish the install.

If you can hit a key at the first spinner (before the BTX banner appears),
type 'fd(0,a)' at the prompt.  This will bypass the -P option setting.

Doug White