Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2006 06:58:34 -0400
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mysql version question

jan gestre wrote:

> On 8/17/06, jan gestre <freebsd.ph@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > i recently upgraded the mysql 4.1.20 ports (both client and server) via
> > portmanager to version 4.1.21, however as i login to the mysql prompt or
> > phpmyadmin what i see is the old version, does this mean i still run on the
> > old version? is there a way to fix these?
> >
> > TIA
> >

>  i solved the problem by restarting the mysql-server.

If you are using 'portmanager', then perhaps you should be modifying the
/usr/local/etc/portmanager/pm-020.conf file. There is a section to STOP
and START programs when they are updated. I use 'portmanager' myself,
and have a notation in that file to handle 'mysql' as well as several
other programs that require its services.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard@seibercom.net