Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:44:42 +0200
From:      Simon Barner <barner@in.tum.de>
To:        Peter Ryan <pryan@singnet.com.sg>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CD burning port recommendations wanted

--tcC6YSqBgqqkz7Sb

Peter Ryan wrote:
> I plan to burn my distfiles to a CD, but I am not sure
> which of the burn software options is preferable.
>=20
> I would like to be able to read the CD on both
> XP and FreeBSD.
>=20
> I would appreciate any recommendations or warnings
> from those who have been there before.

If you like fancy GUIs, ports/sysutils/k3b is great.
ports/sysutils/xcdroast is also quite good, and it doesn't depend on
KDE. Both programs need scsi drivers or the atapicam emulation layer.

Of course you won't need those programs to backup your distfiles, but
they can be quite useful anyway.

Simon

--tcC6YSqBgqqkz7Sb

--tcC6YSqBgqqkz7Sb--