Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2013 05:20:42 +0900
From:      poyopoyo@puripuri.plala.or.jp
To:        David Naylor <dbn@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Eitan Adler <eadler@freebsd.org>, python@freebsd.org, Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [RFC] lang/pypy

Hi David,

At Sun, 10 Mar 2013 21:18:12 +0300,
David Naylor wrote:
> > however my translation processes under -DPYPY_IGNORE_MEMORY take 2GB
> > for normal binary and 2.5GB for sandboxed one so they aggregate 4.5GB
> > to run parallel.
>
> This is good news.  Could you please detail how you measured peak memory?  I
> might need to retest the port.

I heuristically measured them with top(1) RESources, amount of ZFS
ARC and swap increased. Oh and free memory after one of translation
process finised. I'm afraid I couldn't provide reproducible method for
environments for others.

> I'll disable the test for now and revise my estimation.  Thanks for reporting
> back.

I wonder where so much difference of memory usage between yours
and mine comes from. 5.5GB vs 2.5GB on the same platform (64bit/pypy)
is not so negligible.

--
Kuro <poyopoyo@puripuri.plala.or.jp>

PS. like this, please. thanks for the offer.