Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:12:57 +0100
From:      User Jopet <631pettersson@telia.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: natd/redirect_port

Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

>On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 12:43:17PM +0100, User Jopet wrote:
>
>>hello!
>>
>>I can't get "redirect_port" working in natd, I have read mailing lists,
>>doc, etc. But it will not work!
>>
>>ISP <-----> 217.208.x.x(dc0)-GW-(rl0)192.168.0.1 <------> 192.168.0.2
>>
>>natd.conf
>>---------
>>interface dc0
>>use_sockets yes
>>same_ports yes
>>redirect_port tcp 192.168.0.2:22 9999
>>
>>And nothing happens when I telnet to 217.208.x.x 9999
>>
>>I have also tried "redirect_port tcp 192.168.0.2:22 22"
>>
>Make sure your kernel was compiled with the IPFIREWALL and
>IPDIRVERT options.  Also make sure you divert IP traffic to
>the natd(8) process.  (You didn't tell us how your firewall
>rules look like.)
>

>Cheers,

I have a small network with 4 computers (2 windows, 1 linux and 1
FreeBSD as gateway).
It works fine, apart from I can't get "redirect_port" working. I would
like to redirect some
traffic from the gateway to the Linux-machine (redirect_port
192.168.0.2:22 9999), but it
will not work!

kernel.conf
-----------------------------------
options         IPDIVERT
options         IPFIREWALL
-----------------------------------

ipfw.rules
-----------------------------------
ipfw -f flush
ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via dc0
ipfw add pass all from any to any
-----------------------------------

natd.conf
-----------------------------------