Date:      Sat, 01 Apr 2000 01:18:11 +0900
From:      "Akinori -Aki- MUSHA" <knu@idaemons.org>
To:        tkato@prontomail.ne.jp
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/17665: Update port: games/xhexagons to 5.5.2

Hi,

At Fri, 31 Mar 2000 22:17:28 +0900,
KATO Tsuguru <tkato@prontomail.ne.jp> wrote:
> The PR's I send are always very simple, mostly for applying to
> poring guidelines. If everyone to become a bit more careful about
> guidelines when committing the port, I won't have to send such a
> "trivial" PR's.

Yes, that's why I come to believe that you are the stuff that
committers are made of. :)

And I have to absolutely agree we committers must work hard to conform
to the guidelines.

> > Kato-san, could you afford to be a committer?
>
> Since I have no port to maintain, it should be impossible. :-(

I don't think so.  If you were a committer, you would be able to
update or correct ports directly with maintainers' approval, instead
of sending PR's.

> Even if not, there supposed to be sufficient number of commiters
> to cope with PR's appearing now....

There are a large number indeed, but still it cannot be denied that a
man of many PR's should be a committer, IMHO. :)

--
                           /
                          /__  __

"If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice."