Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:21:17 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /dev/null: No such file or directory

Quoting Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net> (from Mon, 18 Sep =20
2006 21:25:30 -0500):

> On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 11:08:42PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>> I have linux_base-fc-4_8 installed, clean install, and the two sysctl
>> referred to in /usr/ports/UPDATING haven't been changed from the default:
>>
>> # sysctl -a | grep compat.linux.osname
>> compat.linux.osname: Linux
>> # sysctl -a | grep compat.linux.osrelease
>> compat.linux.osrelease: 2.4.2
>>
>> But, when I try to run configure from a chroot environment, I get:
>>
>> ../gcc-4.0.3/configure: line 533: /dev/null: No such file or directory
>>
>> I've searched through /usr/ports/UPDATING, but am not finding anything
>> except for the section on "remove /compat/linux completely", which I've
>> done ...
>>
>> So, either the port isn't creating something, or I'm missing something in
>> the UPDATING doc :(
>
> You must have devfs containing at least null and zero mounted in your
> chroot.

Right. Additionally I suggest to use a linux_dist-gento-* port if you =20
want to do cross-development. The default linux_base port only =20
contains stuff to run the programs in the ports collection (and maybe =20
a little bit more). To compile the stuff to test the linuxolator in =20
-current I use linux_dist-gento-stage3. You should mount devfs, =20
linprovfs and maybe linsysfs in the chroot.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
As of next Thursday, UNIX will be flushed in favor of TOPS-10.
Please update your programs.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137