Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 2002 12:00:42 -0600
From:      "Gene Bomgardner" <Gene@bomgardner.net>
To:        freeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   No route to host

Hi - hope someone can help -

I've got 4.6 up on a laptop. With the Generic kernel all is well with
networking. I then recompiled the kernel. the only changes made to
the GENERIC file was the addition of the ipfw stuff (including
default_to_accept) and the netgraph definitions. All compiled and
installed without a hitch. However, any attempt to access the
network (telnet, ping, whatever) results in "No route to host". Even
when trying to ping 127.0.0.1 Booting the original kernel back up
restores networking. I get the feeling I've missed something. Any
ideas?

Thanks.

God's Blessings,
Gene

To everything there is a season, and a time to every
purpose under heaven.    Ecl 3:1 -
and more recently, The Byrds