Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 2008 00:25:50 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        pczanik@fang.fa.gau.hu
Cc:        powerpc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Device trees

In message: <48896F25.6060204@fang.fa.gau.hu>
            Peter Czanik <pczanik@fang.fa.gau.hu> writes:
: Helo,
: =

: Benno Rice =EDrta:
: >> - working out DTS layouts, OF bindings definitions and conventions=
 =

: >> (and their
: >> further maintenance) so that they can be used on architectures oth=
er =

: >> that
: >> PowerPC (as having a modern device resources representation accros=
s =

: >> different
: >> architectures in FreeBSD was very important aspect of our discussi=
ons)
: >
: > We could open up a dialogue with the dtc developers if you think =

: > that'd help.  My contact seemed very keen to have the code be used =
in =

: > FreeBSD.
: The Linux guys just announced on the linuxppc-dev mailing list, that =
a =

: new device-tree specific mailing list was created. Please see =

: http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2008-July/060558.html

Thanks!  I think this would be totally cool.  Having a standardized
resource description language between Linux and FreeBSD would make it
faster/easier to import board support from Linux into FreeBSD :-)

Warner