Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 15:14:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        mike allison <mallison@konnections.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, FreeBSD-chat@freebsd.org, FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Free Systems Journal

>Anything I haven't thoght of?

Any chance of combining this operation into one mighty empire that could
succeed, rather than two competing empires with the same goals?

Also, is the Free Systems Journal destined to be a real, oh-my-gosh
Publication, with a cover and postage and I can subscribe to it, or
something else?  (That didn't come across completely clear to me, but I
may have missed something.)  Jordan has been caught vaguely off-guard, so
I'm not sure he's completely fleshed out his version of what he wants to
do.  At any rate, I'd be more excited about supporting something that was
going to get some exposure outside of our little community here.  I'm
almost afraid a newsletter of sorts would not see a lot of exposure
outside of the people already subscribed to freebsd-*, whereas something
that gets published and advertised and talked about and whoa here it is on
the MAGAZINE RACK and what's this {Free, Net, Open}BSD stuff about anyway?

I guess what I'm saying is I strongly support the idea of a publication,
if that's what Mike is talking about.  Jordan is a real capable salesman,
though, who I'm sure could make a newsletter focussed specifically on
FreeBSD succeed too. I'd rather see forces that mesh well together rather
than smaller competing services.

Brian