Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 1998 12:23:39 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@webnology.com>
To:        Tim Moony <timm@uniqsite.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Weird DNS (NT) behavior

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Tim Moony wrote:

> I have a question: is nslookup supposed to query the name servers in the
> /etc/resolv.conf in its listed order?

Yes.

> So I setup a cache server in order to communicate with the world.  Strange
> enough, the cache server works just fine.

The cache server doesn't look a resolv.conf. It looks at the named hints
file for the addresses of the root nameservers, and queries the world
directly.

> Is it my problem or is it my
> ISP's problem?  Has anyone experiencing the same problem?

Probably your ISP's. I couldn't get a response from ns2.flashcom.com using
nslookup.

Cheers,
Mick

The Reverend Jasper P. O'Malley          dotdot:jooji@webnology.com
    Systems Administrator                  ringring:asktheadmiral
	Webnology, LLC               woowoo:http://www.webnology.com/~jooji