Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 1995 13:57:31 -0500
From:      dstraub@cogentlink.com (David Straub)
To:        hackers@freeBSD.org, bugs@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Install Problem

Two possibly unrelated issues are preventing my installation from floppy
disks.

First, the Boot floppy disk often hangs a half-dozen times when it comes to
Uncompressing kernel...  It finally loads the install program using the
same floppy and I've tried re-rawriting other floppies with no help.

Second, I get a problem that says "panic: page fault syncing disks" which I
attribute to the labels portion of install.  The newfs is set up as "-b
8192 -f 2048 -u 4096" for all partitions.  Does this mean my IDE hard drive
is incompatible with this bytes per sector scheme?  Also, I haven't seen
any specs for what the configuration means.

ds.