Date:      Sun, 12 Apr 1998 15:17:04 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        ikaros_net@hotmail.com
Cc:        Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Windows managers

On 12 Apr, Martin Von_Schantz wrote:
> Hello, I have been recommended the KDE desktop environment by some
> 'Linux users' :)
> it doesn't seem that BSD friendly unfourtunately so I wondered
> if anyone had a better windows manager to recommend.
>
> //Martin von Schantz

With window managers beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so tru a
couple and see which of them suits your needs.

KDE is in the ports collection.  My personal experience with it has
been mixed.  I had problems getting the port to build.  I ended up
getting the source for the parts that wouldn't build from the KDE site
and building from those.  That completed it works pretty well.  The
news reader ocasionalyy core dumps on me however.

You can also run any of the parts of KDE from other window managers
once KDE is insralled.  Thats how I use now.  Can't say that it is not
friendly to FreeBSD.
Frank