Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 2009 18:53:18 +0100
From:      "Paul B. Mahol" <onemda@gmail.com>
To:        Saifi Khan <saifi.khan@twincling.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Maciej Suszko <msuszko@gmail.com>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: is there a laptop ?

On 3/13/09, Saifi Khan <saifi.khan@twincling.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Mar 2009, Maciej Suszko wrote:
>
>> Saifi Khan <saifi.khan@twincling.org> wrote:
>> > Hi all:
>> >
>> > i've looked at tuxmobil, bsdgroup.de etc and i don't want to use
>> > ndiswrapper, or broadcom or additional PCMCIA card at all.
>> >
>> > Is there a laptop model (available in market) that experienced
>> > members would like to recommend wherein
>> >  . the WiFi 802.11 a/g (PCI based)
>> >  . Ethernet port
>> >  . and ACPI
>> > work absolutely fine with FreeBSD 7.x ?
>>
>> I use RELENG_7_1 and RELENG_7 on HP Compaq nx7300. I haven't tried the
>> suspend/resume, firewire port and I suppose the modem is not
>> going to work. Everything else is working fine for me.
>> --
>> regards, Maciej Suszko.
>>

> What is the wireless chipset of your machine ?

On mine nx7300 it is broadcom one and works fine via ndis.
Suspend/resume works fine if second core is disabled and vesa is
loaded in kernel
(either via kldload or via custom kernel)
Firewire and bluetooth are supported and should work without problems.
Ethernet works via if_bfe; carbus, drm, sound works fine ...
In short everything is supported on UP kernel except winmodem.

There are some bugs in BIOS asl which I fixed adding:

acpi_dsdt_load="YES"
acpi_dsdt_name="/boot/acpi.aml"

in /boot/loader.conf

/boot/acpi.aml is modified version of ASL which address "temperature
is absurd, ignored"
type of messages.

8.0 CURRENT i386.

--