Date:      17 Feb 2004 09:59:18 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        "Jorn Argelo" <jorn@wcborstel.nl>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: abcde build loops endlessly

"Jorn Argelo" <jorn@wcborstel.nl> replied:

> There is hardly anything in my /etc/make.conf, just some perl things:
>
> # -- use.perl generated deltas -- #
> # Created: Sun Feb  8 15:23:40 2004
> # Setting to use base perl from ports:
> PERL_VER=5.6.1
> PERL_VERSION=5.6.1
> PERL_ARCH=mach
> NOPERL=yo
> NO_PERL=yo
> NO_PERL_WRAPPER=yo
>
> Perhaps that is the problem?

No, that's just from the perl port; the default perl port in -CURRENT
is now 5.8 instead of 5.6, but that doesn't seem to be relevant.

Maybe you should look in the "missing" file that is producing the
complaints during the build.  Or update your whole ports tree...